by Karen Weikert | Dec 30, 2012 | #spiritsays, Prognostications
#spiritsays: In 2012, you were Indiana Jones, nimble of foot, your crusade the pursuit of Holy Grail enlightenment. In 2013, you are more Sherlock Holmes, agile of mind, examining the evidence, understanding the big picture and helping others to understand it as well.
by Karen Weikert | Dec 30, 2011 | Featured, Prognostications, Readings
Courage and perseverance have a magical talisman, before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into air.
-John Quincy Adams
That one sentence sums up our last two years. With courage we boarded the wild ride — and persevered.
Closing out the books on 2011, spirit sends a progress report to our collective soul. Taking a bead on our global progression, they illuminate areas that need a bit of dusting and a reach-to-the-sky stretch or two. To that end, spirit has cherry-picked a few snippets they want to share. Enjoy the reading!
Like salmon who swim upstream, the last two years have been spent braving the waves, doggedly wading toward shore and our destiny.
In 2010-11, we were not particularly attractive as we fish-flopped from one destination to the next, wild eyed and gulping for air, fighting with all our might against the current. Swimming in switchbacks, we struggled against the line and our bondage. Of course we had many moments where we walked in loveliness, but boy did we have times when we were a hot mess!
#spiritsays: Walking out of the sea and blinking saltwater, you catch your first glimpse of the promise of your new landwalking life. Every princess must leave the comfort of her salty scales but do not fear, you will not flounder.
We have learned much over the last two years, not the least of which is that we need a nap. Tired of the struggle and the constant glistening string of pearls on our upper lip, we have come to the conclusion that it is necessary for our wellbeing and our sanity to find an easier way. The good news is that time has come. This is not me blowing smoke. We have all experienced a willingness to let go of trying to do it ourselves. With a “please, I need help” shout to the rafters, we finally open to the full arsenal of assistance that has been rusting in our toolkit. Basically, we’ve come to our full senses.
#spiritsays: A little concerned that the training wheels come off in 2012? We will catch you if you teeter, but you have been pedaling by yourself for awhile now. Have confidence in your capabilities, we do.
by Karen Weikert | Dec 31, 2010 | Resolutions
What my friends have taught me. In 2011, I resolve to:
- Embrace leftovers and whiskers in the sink. (David Ballard, Randy Weikert)
- Kiss my husband more and my cats less. (Luana Kuhns)
- Actually use my Bollywood Dance Workout DVD instead of just listening to the beat. (Ricky Tank)
- Celebrate my lightning rod personality. (Vikki Clark, Michael Margolis)
- Teach others to be a lightning rod… and then duck. (Myka Hughes)
- Use sunscreen on my cleavage. (Maile Alau)
- Douse rather than fan. (Camp Fire Girls, Charmaine Damon)
- In the category of use it or lose it, remember to phone a friend at least once a week. (Nan Ferris, Patti Ambrose, Mary Beth Wegher Lohman, Joy Ellis O’Dell)
- Remember that email or texting doesn’t share the smile in my voice. (Desiree Ramos, Jenna Bleth, Kitty Dier)
- Unleash my passion for dimples. (Leslie Cox, Randy Weikert)
- Practice patience in rush hour traffic and poise while restoring my operating system. (Ben, Eric Hallett)
- Walk away after 2 hours rather than after 12. (Gwendolyn Woltz)
- Fit into everything in my closet… or just fit everything into my closet. (Leslie Cox)
- Defy gravity with regularity. (Michael Pulsipher)
- Study my rights and Indian mythology. (Kevin Marshall, Glenn Beck, Vywamus)
- Use a coat hanger to open the door. (Vicki Smith)
- Rather than leading a horse to water, take a swim instead. (Charmaine Damon, Heather Moore)
- Listen to my elders and the ancients. (Dad, Jenna Bleth, Michael Pulsipher, Poha)
- Rejoice in my body’s ability to sweat. (Holly Santos)
- Work my way up to a 5 degree comfort zone. (Elena Musillami)
- Laugh at others more and myself less… then switch just to keep me on my toes. (Ricky Gervais, George Lopez)
- Find a wine that won’t cause migraines. (Darren Ramos, Jennifer Bleth)
- Express my joy, say my gratitude out loud, give hugs often, love well and laugh until I can’t breathe.
Hau’oli Makahiki Hou!
Wishing all of you a magical, kind, inspired, lucky, funny and fabulously healthy and wealthy New Year. Love to all.